Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
I don’t know about you, but I never eat all our bananas before they go bad. This banana chocolate chip muffin recipe is a perfect way to repurpose those rotten bananas and turn them into a healthy, quick, and easy snack! I hope you enjoy these as much as my husband does!
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. While the oven is preheating, line a 12 cup muffin tin with 12 cupcake liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add bananas, honey, vanilla, oil, egg, milk, and yogurt in another medium bowl. Using a handheld mixer on medium speed, mix together all wet ingredients for 1 minute or until no more banana clumps. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until combined, then gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter evenly into muffin tin should make 12 muffins. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.